Describe an aquatic animal.
- What it looks like.
- When you saw it.
- Where you saw it.
- Explain why it is interesting.
• Nature is full of colors. There is a variety of flora and fauna. But here I would like to take this opportunity to talk about a marine creature which is known as the manta ray. It is also known as devil see.
• Manta rays are usually white, or black on top with a white tummy. They can also appear almost completely black.
• It has a flattened body and fins are in a triangular shape. Some time body looks are diamonds shaped. It uses its triangular for swimming.
• The larger Manta-Ray is less likely to be endangered due to the fact that they have very few natural predators.
• Manta Rays are among the animals living in the water that are affected by global warming.
• Well, I came to know about this creature when my father was teaching marine animals and out of blue of my eyes fell on it and I was flabbergasted (surprised) to see this beautiful animal.
• It seems to be interesting because it is a gentle and calm creature and never feels scared in the presence of human beings.
• On top of that it leaves near-surface of the sea and takes breathe by going into the sea.
• The most striking feature of it is that it keeps its mouth wide open while foraging such creatures are very rare which are harmless.
• Giant manta rays live alone or in small groups, typically congregating to feed. They’re considered predators and hunt deep below the surface of the sea.
• Manta rays have the largest brain-to-size ratio of any cold-blooded fish.
• Studies have shown that manta rays may recognize themselves in the mirror, an ability indicative of high cognitive function, also shown by dolphins, primates, and elephants.
• So, this is the aquatic animal that I find very interesting and I hope to see it in real life in the foreseeable future. When I will be able to visit Australia because it is mainly found there.
More for such amazing IELTS speaking topics, stay connected to Vinay Patel Classes.
Post a Comment