Describe a time when your computer broke down.
- When it was?
- What you were doing?
- What you did about it?
- And how you felt about it?
• This all happened a few months back, I was trying to connect my laptop to the television display to watch a downloaded 3D movie.
• So, this is how it all played out during the time I broke down my computer.• However, after I connected the HDMI cable at both sides, a video displayed on the TV for a while and suddenly turned off.
• I had a plan to watch other few movies as well. I had also invited few close friends.
• And I had prepared popcorn and paneer platters so that we could eat during watching a movie.
• But suddenly the HDMI port in my laptop broken, it ruined our plan.
• I tried to troubleshoot the issue but couldn’t manage to fix it.
• So, we thought of watching on the laptop’s 14-inch screen, but it also turned out to be malfunctioning. Because the main issue was the display card on the motherboard, it wasn’t responding.
• Overall, as we ended up canceling our plan, I felt very sad about it. And also, I apologize to my friends for the laptop’s problem. I will never forget the embarrassment I felt in front of my friends.
• After that I called on to the concerned person to see if it can be fixed in time and he said can’t say until.
• He checks which can take up to 3 hours.
• I was completely disappointed with how it turned out with no other choice left I went on with it and took my laptop for diagnosis.
• He then later told me that we have two options either change the motherboard or the graphic card but then there is no guarantee when my laptop may start working.
• First option may take up to 15 days as it needs to be ordered and the second one can be done in a day.
• After thinking it through I told him to place an order and meanwhile fixing it.
• I replanned it for Sunday as by that time laptop will be fixed and I can always replace it on the 15th day once the motherboard arrives.
For more such interesting topics, subscribe to Vinay Patel Classes.
(IELTS Coaching in Ahmedabad, since 2001)