Describe an occasion when you ate a kind of food for first time.
- When you had it?
- Where you ate it?
- What it was?
• Normally I prefer north Indian food a lot but here and there I do try new things once in a while.
• I have some Indian friends here in__(place) and one of them is ___(friend) who invited me to attend her birthday at her home.
• On that occasion, I ate ____(food) for the first time in my life which I enjoyed and found it to be quite delicious.
• I had my doubts about trying it, but as soon as I tasted it a little, I ate my share without any hesitation.
• I have heard from _____(friend) that her parents wanted us to be present on her special day.
• I went to their house with three other classmates of mine and the birthday celebration was quite outrageous, more than a hundred guests were present at the party and they were either Indian-American or native American.
• The celebration started at 6.00 pm and lasted till midnight.
• The number of different food items were kept and I didn’t know the names of many items.
• On _____(friend) request, I ate the __(food) and I must say I liked it. It was a bit exotic for me but quite delicious.
• Later he/she informed me that it was cooked by an Indian chef and he used __, __, __ and __(ingredients) to prepare it.
• She also mentioned that the version I tried had comparatively less spice and the cook did so intentionally so that the American guests could try it.
• This food item looked like a (another food) to me but surprisingly it was different.
• There were many items there in the menu which I tried for the first time.
• Historically, when I tried a Spanish menu a few years ago for the first time in my life, I didn’t enjoy it.
• But experimenting with__, ___ and ___ today was different and I liked it very
• The music concert at the birthday party was another interesting aspect. A local music band from New York and another one from India performed at that party.
• The variety of food was a surprise to me. Trying one new item at a time was enough, so I did not dare trying other menus that were unfamiliar to me.
• This was one time that I enjoyed trying out a new food.
For more such amazing and interesting speaking topic, stay connected to Vinay Patel Classes (Best IELTS coaching in Ahmedabad).