Describe an occasion when you were not allowed to use your mobile phone | Recent IELTS speaking topic
Describe an occasion when you were not allowed to use your mobile phone.
- When it was?
- Where it was?
- Why you were not allowed to use your mobile phone?
- How you felt about it?
• Gadgets have undoubtedly become a quintessential part of our lives. It’s scary to now even imagine life without them.
• However out of all gadgets, mobile has taken a place that can never be replaced now.
• I can say this as I have personally experienced a day where I was not allowed to use it and it was like hell.
• This happened while I was on a trip with my friends, we had our finals going on but between theory and practice, we had 7 days gap not knowing what to do after the theory exam was completed, we decided to go on a trip on a whim.
• In India, there are strict rules when driving on the highway at some places u won’t
see anyone but at the location where accidents are frequent, they make sure to check all this was while we were going to Bangalore from our city.
• In India, using a mobile phone while driving is an offence and punishable by law. Hence, I was asked to pull over by cops as I was using a cell phone in the driver’s seat and violating the road safety rules and unfortunately, they saw me.
• Honestly, I am a law-abiding citizen but at that time I was getting repeated calls from my close friend who lives in Canada, he had to discuss some urgent matters.
• Anyway, so as I picked up his call and started talking, the patrolling team stopped us on the check post and told me to disconnect my call. Later, I was penalized for my actions.
• I was embarrassed for my ignorance and felt truly sorry for putting everyone’s life in danger.
• I learned my lesson that safety comes first, rest everything can wait. But also, it was killing me inside that I couldn’t converse with him until we reached the next day as it was an urgent matter we had to talk about.
• In the end, I’d just say that laws should be respected and mobile phones should be used only on occasions where they are permitted.
For more such easy and amazing topics, stay connected to Vinay Patel Classes (IELTS Coaching Classes in Ahmedabad).