Describe a time you got lost in a place you didn't know about.
- When did it happen?
- Who was with you?
- What did you do?
- How you felt about it?
• Well, to be honest, I am not good at following directions and I often get confused whenever I visit a new place.
• Here, I would like to share one such experience when I got completely lost.
• It happened during my college days in my first year we had planned to visit a neighbouring city in my friend’s car.
• We had just finished the written exam of our first year and we had 7 days before our practical starts so we were free for a week and our practical classes are such that we can’t practice whenever we want.
• So after the last theory exam, I and my friend were taking a walk and out of the blue I asked him to do he want to go on a trip and in the next 15 minutes, we gathered two more of our friends and left our college in my friend’s car.
• We played music in high volume and were shouting and singing while travelling
and probably because of that by mistake we took a left turn on the highway instead of right but we are so hooked up in the music that we lost track of where we were going.
• After about 2 hours when we were supposed to reach the destination we were still on the highway and we couldn’t see any city nearby that’s when it struck us that maybe we came in the wrong way.
• After thoroughly analyzing that we are lost we checked back and forth and noticed we couldn’t find anyone to ask so we decided to keep driving forward to the next city which took us another hour and then we asked residents as to where we are since we were studying in a distant province we weren’t familiar that much with all the neighbouring city. Then when they told us we are like 300km far from our destination we realized how far off the road we were then after asking for proper directions we left while trying to follow the map.
• It took us another 4 hours to reach where we intended to go still enjoying our road trip, as usual, we took few breaks at roadside restaurants but by the time we reached we were dead tired and had no energy to do anything so we booked a hotel and rested for the day before we started exploring the city the following day.
• So, this was the time when I got lost and I remember as clear as a day.
Dream to Study Abroad, connect with us - Vinay Patel Classes (Student Visa Counsellor in Ahmedabad)