Talk about an important river or lake in your country or hometown.
- Which water body is that?
- How do you know about it?
- Why does it impress you so much?
• India is a place home to many religions rivers lakes, beaches and forests.
• Some of them hold religious and cultural importance in our country and today I would like to discuss a little about one such river which is named Ganga, as we popularly call it.
• As an Indian, almost all must have heard about this river right from childhood either in TV programs or in schools during education, or in religious books.
• During my study, I learned about it in primary school as part of geography in social science and it also holds a lot of religious importance so I had also heard about it in religious drama and books where it is considered to be a lake that purifies all sins if you take a dive in it.
• As far as I remember it starts from the Himalayan ranges and stretches as far as the Bay of Bengal.
• The main source of water in Ganga is from the glaciers of the Himalayas but rains also fill it up as there is heavy rainfall too.
• Also, it is one of the longest rivers in the world and it is the longest river in India.
• Many people are dependent upon it for their livelihood.
• The farmers use its water for agriculture and people also do fishing in this river.
• People do many religious rituals in this river which is a reason for its pollution government has tried a lot to solve it but since there is no support from people nothing much could be done about it.
• This has become a reason for the deaths of many fishes in the sea near the Bay of Bengal but as we say unless a combined effort is implied nothing much could be done about it.
• It is also used to sprinkle as holy water in many religious home rituals which
describes how important it is in India. So, this is one of the rivers of India that is
very important both religiously and functionally.
For more such simple and interesting IELTS speaking topics, subscribe to Vinay Patel Classes (IELTS coaching institute in Ahmedabad).
Post a Comment